Monday, July 20, 2009

Sour Cream Enchiladas Recipe

Here's the recipe that my sister Lindsey gave me. My family really loves it... even my picky little eaters!

1 pkg. flour tortillas
2 cans chicken- or about 1 lb. fresh
1 onion-chopped
2 cans cream of chicken soup
16 oz sour cream
shredded cheese

*I like to add about 1/2 cup Ortega Green Tomato Sauce for flavor. Since I don't have any in my cupboard, this week, I'll try adding their red taco sauce.

(I usually 1/2 the recipe for my husband, two kids and myself)

If you're using raw chicken, cook it with the onion in a skillet. If canned, just cook the onion and combine.
Mix the soup, sour cream and Ortega sauce.
Spread some on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Add some chicken, soup mixture, and cheese to tortillas and roll. Leave some soup to top the enchiladas.
Cover the enchiladas with remaining soup and cheese.
Sprinkle with pepper.

Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment