Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Winn Dixie shopping trip

I went shopping at Winn Dixie last night, and I must say, while I was at the store, I was a little disappointed. I planned to buy the Tyson Skillet meal, but they didn't carry them at that store. So, I had to do a little quick thinking to try to get some good deals that I hadn't previously planned.

I was still able to buy $72.68 worth of groceries for $34.83. All told, including my Kroger stop, I spent $45.00 for this week in groceries. Since my budget is $50/week, I'm happy with that. I even included diapers and wipes in my total!!!

Here's what I found:
Canned corn and beans were on sale for .50/ea.
After sale and coupons, the peanuts were $1.
After sale and coupons, the cereal was $2.00/ea. (not a great deal, but I needed to get to my $50 to use my $10 off of $50 coupon.)
The lunch meat was $2.00 each.
Hot pockets were $1/ea. after coupons and sale.
I splurged a little and bought ice cream sandwiches... We needed a treat!

Let me know what deals you found at Winn Dixie this week. I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment