Thursday, July 2, 2009

Let's Get Started


I think that the best way to begin discussing saving is for me to describe what works best for me. I'll start by talking about where I find coupons.

Where do I find coupons?
- I subscribe to the local newspaper, but since I'm trying to save all I can, I only bought a weekend subscription. Our local paper costs $7/month for the Fri-Sun subscription. Each Sunday, our paper includes coupon inserts, and collecting these is an easy way to begin gathering a stash of coupons.

- I find many coupons at valid online sites. My favorite sites are www.coupons.com, smartsource, and couponbug If you can, try to print these out in color, as some stores will not accept black and white printouts. Select the coupons that you want to print, and click on print. I always hit the "back" button to have them print a second time. Most sites will allow you to print each coupon twice. Having more than one coupon for an item is important, so you can stock up on deals while shopping. (more about that later)

- There are a few money-saving blogs that I read regularly. I have links to them on the right of my blog. They are excellent resources for finding coupons, deals, and sales.

-Since I live in a relatively rural area, the coupon inserts in the newspapers don't have many coupons. I have family all over the country, and they have been happy to help me by saving their coupon inserts from newspapers to send me. This has been a great help in my collection.

Does anyone have any other ideas for finding coupons? I'd love to hear what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment