Monday, July 13, 2009

Menu Planning Mondays

Each Monday, I am going to share my menu that I have planned for the week. I try to plan what to make based on weekly grocery sales, as well as what is already in my cupboard. I hope this is helpful!

This Week:
Monday: Zatarain's Rice Blends (on sale at Kroger, part of the $5 off 10 promo.) I already have some Hillshire Farms sausage that I will mix with it. This meal should only cost me .61 in groceries this week!
Tuesday: Tyson Skillet Creations Dinner- these are not on sale, but if you submit the rebate I posted here, it will be free! Coupled with the $1/1 coupon here, you could make a buck!
Wednesday: Lime Parmesan Chicken Over Noodles
Thurs: Meatball Sandwiches
Friday: Curry Chicken over Rice
Saturday: Pasta Salad (I bought Kraft salad dressing last week on sale for .69, and have the veggies growing in my garden. I bought lots of noodles on sale a while ago.)
Sunday: Burritos: As a menu filler, we like to eat burritos often. I have ground beef in my freezer. I just need to buy tortillas.)

Here's my recipe for the Parmesan Chicken:(I found this on KUTV News in Utah)
The mix will make more than 2 chicken breasts.

2 Large Chicken Breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
2 thin slices Mozzarella cheese (cheese on sale last week)
3/4 C seasoned breadcrumbs
2 slices fresh lime (these were on sale at Winn Dixie .10/ea.
1 egg
1/4 C milk
1 C flour
12 oz pasta
1 C shredded Parm. cheese
Pasta sauce

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Butterfly each breast. Fold lime slice and rub inside each breast while squeezing. Lightly salt and pepper each side. Place 1 slice cheese inside and fold other side of butterfly to close.
Mix egg and milk. Dip breast in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
Place in casserole dish and back about 45 mins.
Serve over noodles with sauce and parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment