Monday, August 24, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

Well, another week, and I have another menu. Unfortunately, some of my dinners I planned for last week didn't get made... I opted for fast convenient things a couple of times, as we had plans during the evenings.

Here's my plan this week... I will do my best to stick to it!!

Monday: We are actually going to a friend's house for dinner tonight, but I am planning to make a potato side dish called "Funeral Potatoes". It's my grandma's recipe, and they are so good! Here is the recipe!

Tuesday: Hamburger Helper- Since I bought so many last week, I might as well use one. They are on sale at Kroger, and are part of the "buy 10 get $5 off" deal.

Wednesday: Baked Potatoes with Chicken Gravy. I'm planning to use the canned chicken on sale at Kroger, along with the frozen veggies, also on sale there. I still have a few potatoes from my garden that we need to use.

Thursday: Homemade Tomato Soup- It's quick, easy, and my kids love it! My husband's mom has a recipe that I use. I'm happy to share if anyone wants it. Just let me know!

Friday: Sweet and Sour Meatballs over Rice- I bought a lot of ground beef last week that I need to use. I have lots of rice in my cupboard as well.

Saturday: Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

Sunday: BBQ Ribs.... yes, these have been on the menu for about a month... Can you tell I'm a little bit scared to make them? I've never made ribs, and am a little shy to try them. Hence, they are still in my freezer...

Let me know what you have planned this week. I'd love it if you'd share some recipes with me! (With your permission, I'll post them on the blog)

4 comments:

  1. I'd love the recipes you want to share from this week, especially the tomato soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I give you the rib recipe I found? It's so easy and really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you planning to do the ribs? Grill, crock pot, oven? If you decide to grill them the long way they are wonderful but time intensive. I have a great recipe if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey and Aislin, I'd love your recipes. I just used one I found online. It turned out well though. I baked them in the oven.

    ReplyDelete