Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Kroger Trip this week

Wow.. I am so behind this week! I'm sorry to be so late getting posts up. I've been busy getting my daughter started in her co-op preschool, my husband's birthday was today, and other random stuff.

Anyway, Monday night, I made a trip to Kroger to get some shopping done. I didn't do great, but I stayed close to my budget of $50/week, and I got everything that I needed.
I ended up paying $54 for this, and saved about $28, so not my best, but I'm still happy with it.


Kroger is having a promotion where you can buy any 3 participating Kellogg's products, and you will get a free gallon of milk. When I got to the store, I realized that the Cheez-it's and fruit snacks were included in the deal, where I thought from the store ad that I would have to buy 3 boxed of cereal.
The Cheez-its were on sale for $2.50/each, and I had a $1/2 coupon from a Kroger mailer. The fruit snacks were 2/$4, and I bought 2 because I had a $1/2 Kellogg's fruit snacks coupon. SO, I bought the crackers, fruit snacks and milk for $7!

I wasn't planning to buy frozen chicken, but it was on sale for $4.50 for 4 lbs. I had a $1/1 pack of Kroger frozen chicken coupon from a Kroger mailer, so I decided to get it.

The Eckrich products are BOGO this week, and I had 2 $1/1 coupons. (Check last Sunday's paper.) So, the bologna ended up being .50, and the sausage was about .95.

The cake mix (for my husband's birthday today) was $10/10, and the frosting was $1.69/each. I had a $1/cake and frosting coupon, as well as a .50/1 frosting coupon for the other frosting.

The Bounty paper towels are on sale this week 10/$10. Check Sunday's P&G insert for .25/1, which doubled for me to .50 off.

The grapes were .99/lb so I stocked up. My kids love grapes, so I bought 4 lbs. I hope they're not tired of them after this week.

Anyway, those are my highlights. Since it's so late in the week, I won't post a complete Kroger deals post, but I'll include a link here for you to check their ad.

Also, check BeCentsAble's Grocery Gathering for more great deals.

Let me know what you find this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment