Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Kroger Trip

Well, I had a good trip to Kroger. I ended up going over my budget by $10, but I wanted to stock up on crackers, etc. - since there was a great sale.

My kids wanted to be in the pictures. I felt bad that Mr. J's head got cut off in his. My daughter's nickname is Bug, so that's what I'll call her here. She was so excited to pose with the groceries when she saw that I was taking pictures. (She is usually in bed when I go shopping, as I go at night. I have a hard time focusing on deals when I'm trying to tend to my kids at the same time.)

Anyway, here's what I found:



I had a coupon for $2 off the Nabisco cookie packs and Capri Suns. Since the Capri Suns were part of the Buy 10 Save $5 deal, I decided to use it. Together they cost me $3.50.

The Ritz crackers were also part of the deal. I had 3 "Buy Ritz get free Crackerfuls" coupons, so again, I decided to capitalize on the deal. After coupons, each box was .50.

The Maruchan Yakisoba meals were on sale 10/$10. I had 2 .50/1 coupons. Since my store doubles, I decided to try them. After all, they were free.

The Gala apples were .99/lb
The bag of oranges was $3.87 for 4 lbs.
I found lots of discounted bread. I threw one loaf in the freezer, so it will still by good by the end of the week.

The Smithfield pork tenderloin was on a BOGO sale. I only bought 1, so it was half price at $4.50. Since this will make 2 meals for us, I thought it was a good deal.

The Jell-o was part of the "Buy 10" deal. After the .50/2 coupons I used, they were .27/each!

The Easy Mac cups were part of the same sale. I had a few .55/2 coupons that I found in the aisle at the store a while ago. After sale and coupons, they were .31/each!

The Reese's Cups were on sale for .50/each. I had 3 .55/1 Reese's coupons. Free Chocolate!!!

Kroger Idaho Potatoes are on sale this week for $1.87/5 lbs. I had a $1 off any Kroger potatoes coupon that Kroger sent to me, so they were .87!

I forgot to include a carton of Edy's ice cream and 3 cans of tomatoes in my picture.

Anyway, I felt pretty good about this week, despite going a little over budget. After all, I had to buy diapers and wipes too.

I'd love to hear about how your shopping trips go! Let me know about the great deals you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment