Monday, October 12, 2009

My Grocery Deals last week

My first trip was to Kroger. I spent $46, and bought what's in the picture below. (My ballerina daughter insisted on posing with the groceries.)



There was a frozen foods buy 10 get $5 off deal (which is continuing this week, by the way). After coupons, the pizza, 2 ice creams, 5 veggie steamers, and 2 Texas Toast products cost me $11.50! I'll include the coupons that I used in the new Kroger deals post, as the deal is continuing this week.

The bumblebee tuna packet was free. They are normally priced at Kroger for .99, and there's a .50/1 coupon here which will double, and make it free!

I always check the "scratch and dent" cart to see if there's anything worth buying. Since it's generally the packaging and not the food that was harmed, I'm happy to buy it, pay less, and deal with a bent up box. (I don't usually buy the dented cans though- deep dents can cause puncturing of the can which will spoil the food.) This wee, I found the Kroger brand Rice Krispies for .99. The inside packaging was unharmed, and .99 for a box of cereal is a good price!

The Dole fruit in sugar-free gel was not on sale- it's priced at $2.19. I had a $1/1 coupon I found here and decided that $1.19 wasn't a bad price for snacks for the kids.

The apples were on sale for .99/lb, so I stocked up.

I also hit Winn Dixie for a few deals. As I spent $13.50 there, I did go over my grocery budget of $50/week, but justified it because I bought diapers, toilet paper and paper towels.

Anyway, here's what I found there:


The bread was BOGO at $2.99.
The sausage was $2.50, but I had a $1/1 coupon.
The bologna was $2.00 on sale
The peaches were .99/lb. Although we didn't need them, I couldn't resist.
The Smithfield sausage was $2.00 including my coupon.

Not GREAT deals, but not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment